Technical principles of refractory windows
1. Caulking. Use flame retardant sealant strips and fire-resistant expansion adhesive strips in the open and closed positions of the frame and fan. Under high temperature conditions, the expansion strip will foam and expand, filling the gaps between the frame and fan tightly, blocking and preventing flames from entering.
2. Fire resistance. There is a gap between the insulating glass and the profiles, and when encountering a fire, flames or smoke will burn through this gap and enter the house. By using products such as ceramic wool, fire resistance and insulation are achieved while protecting the glass from local overheating.
3. Fill. Fill the cavity of the fire facing surface of the profile with fire-resistant grouting material, which plays a role in insulation, heat absorption, and support, effectively prolonging the melting time of the profile and improving the fire resistance limit of the frame.
4. Copper parts. Including plated copper lining, refractory glass cushion block, steel support plate for fixing glass, etc., to enhance the stiffness of the frame and the stability of the connection with the glass.
Construction of refractory windows
The combination of profiles forms the framework of doors and windows. Currently, profiles include aluminum alloy, plastic steel, wood, and other materials.
Including mirror chains, actuators, handles, pin blocks, made of cast steel, stainless steel, etc., with a melting point of 1500°C, ensuring that they will not melt or deform within the specified time.
3. To ensure energy-saving effects, double-layer or three-layer insulating glass is currently mainly used. The fire facing surface is a single piece tempered blunt bait fireproof glass, while the rest are ordinary tempered glass. The energy-saving fire-resistant window hollow fire-resistant glass is different from the traditional chemical grouting fire-resistant glass. Its main functions are fire prevention, smoke isolation, and thermal insulation, but it does not have fire insulation function. It can still maintain transparency under the action of flames and ultraviolet radiation, which is beneficial for firefighting and rescue.
4. Sealant strip
The ordinary energy-saving door and window sealant strip is made of EPDM rubber material, which is used to fill the gaps between frames and leaves, and plays an important role in ensuring the airtightness and water tightness of doors and windows; The energy-saving and Refractory windows use flame-retardant EPDM adhesive strips combined with fire-resistant expansion sealing strips to seal the connection parts of various components. The flame-retardant EPDM adhesive strip is composed of fire-resistant composite materials and flame-retardant composite materials, forming a sealing and flame-retardant sealant strip. It is generally used at the joints of frames and fans, as well as at the joints between glass and fan materials. The fire-resistant expansion sealing strip is made of expandable stone base material and adhesive material, with an initial expansion temperature of about 180 ° C and no need for open flames. The expansion factor can reach 10-30 times, forming a stable thermal insulation carbon layer. Generally, it is applied to positions such as the facing surface, back surface, frame and fan joints, and both sides of the nylon insulation strip cavity based on the profile structure.
Quality technical control of refractory windows
1. The performance of fire-resistant pouring materials directly affects the fire-resistant performance of windows. At present, endothermic refractory pouring materials are mostly used, which are A-grade powder solid. After mixing with water, it is injected into the cavity of the profile to solidify, forming an inner frame. When a fire occurs, a large amount of heat absorption is used to reduce the heating rate of the profile, block heat transfer, and improve the mechanical strength of the window system. Due to the unique materials, it is difficult to promote technology.
2. The process of filling the cavity of the profile with refractory grouting material requires manual grouting using a grouting machine. Due to the narrow and long cavity of the profile, the operation is difficult, and the efficiency is low, requiring high proficiency and sense of responsibility from the operators. If the filling is not full, it will directly affect the fire resistance performance of the window.
3. The placement position of the fire-resistant expansion sealing strip. Reasonable placement will enable the expansion strip to form a closed structure after expansion in case of fire, preventing smoke and fire. In addition, the sealing strip should not have smoke toxicity, and after expansion, it has a good degree of polymerization and is not easy to ash, which is of great significance for ensuring the fire resistance integrity of the window.
4. The thermal insulation and energy-saving performance of the window system after fire-resistant transformation should not be significantly affected, and the five properties testing should meet the design requirements.
Refractory windows are greatly influenced by factors such as the properties of refractory materials and the level of manufacturing technology. Only when the actual operating conditions are the same as the test specimens can the expected results be guaranteed. This requires the production enterprise to have a sound management system and a high level of production, and it is very necessary to conduct on-site inspections of the manufacturer during actual use. Dimex has been committed to providing high-quality products to every customer for many years, and we also welcome you to visit our factory for on-site inspection!